USA: Edgewood Creek streamlines operations for independent specialty food industry
Designed specifically for independent manufacturers and retailers in the specialty food industry, Edgewood Creek combines the best practices of both traditional and Internet-based businesses. Through its Web site, Edgewood Creek provides retailers with in-depth information on manufacturers and their products, consolidates and streamlines purchase orders and increases retailers' efficiencies in accounting, order tracking and order fulfillment. Edgewood Creek also enables independent manufacturers to market their products to pre-qualified retailers and streamlines product invoicing, order receipt and order shipment processes. Geographically scattered retail buyers and sellers in the $39 billion specialty food business now have a central, secure, hosted environment in which to conduct business electronically 24 hours a day.
"By combining the best aspects of the traditional distribution model with the technological innovations of the Internet, Edgewood Creek has improved the way specialty food manufacturers and retailers do business," said Chris Hutchins, co-founder and CEO of Edgewood Creek. "We have created a new model for the gourmet food industry that enables us to deliver greater efficiencies, better customer service and higher levels of profitability to manufacturers and retailers."
"We're excited to be working with Edgewood Creek," said Matt Buckman, head buyer of the specialty foods division at Draeger's Markets, a Bay Area specialty foods retailer that participated in the charter launch of Edgewood Creek. "Edgewood Creek understands the complexity of the specialty foods industry and has the vision, industry experience and technological capabilities needed to run a successful e-commerce company."
Edgewood Creek is also working with other charter retailers such as Rice Epicurean Markets in Houston and Larry's Markets in Seattle. Charter manufacturers signed on with Edgewood Creek include companies such as Wine Country Kitchens and Jeremiah's Pick Coffee , both in the San Francisco Bay Area. Edgewood Creek developed its e-commerce site in conjunction with the San Francisco office of Modem Media, a worldwide Internet professional services firm.
About Edgewood Creek
Edgewood Creek (www.edgewoodcreek.com), a marketing and fulfillment services company, utilizes the Internet to streamline business processes between independent specialty food manufacturers and retailers. Created by and for independent specialty food manufacturers and retailers, Edgewood Creek provides solutions to a number of the major problems facing the industry -- fragmentation, inefficiency, difficulty accessing unique products and merchandising support -- by automating and consolidating order and fulfillment processes such as accounting, invoicing, purchasing and shipping.
For more information about Edgewood Creek, please contact: Deborah Kwan (email@example.com) or Jessica McDevitt (firstname.lastname@example.org) at Magnet Communications, 415.439.5335
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review