ITALY: Edison signs €203m deal to sell 53.7% Provimi stake
Italian electricity and energy giant Edison has signed a deal to sell its majority stake in French animal-feed processor Provimi SA to a holding company jointly controlled by investment funds CVC Capital Partners and PAI Management. The deal values the 53.7% stake at €14.5 (US$14.1) a share, or €203m, 18% lower than Provimi's listing price on the Paris bourse in July 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action