ITALY: Edison unit Cereol to sell Carapelli for €101m
Edison cooking oil subsidiary Cereol said yesterday [Tuesday] it will sell its olive oil unit, Carapalli, for €101m (US$94m). The buyer is a group of Italian equity funds led by B&S Private Equity Group, and including the fund management group Arca and local bank Monte dei Paschi di Siena. The deal will be closed early next month, and is intended to enable Cereol to focus more keenly on its core cooking oils business.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target