ITALY: Edison unit Cereol to sell Carapelli for €101m
Edison cooking oil subsidiary Cereol said yesterday [Tuesday] it will sell its olive oil unit, Carapalli, for €101m (US$94m). The buyer is a group of Italian equity funds led by B&S Private Equity Group, and including the fund management group Arca and local bank Monte dei Paschi di Siena. The deal will be closed early next month, and is intended to enable Cereol to focus more keenly on its core cooking oils business.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action