UK: Efdex CEO starting new venture in US?
Tim Carron-Brown, the entrepreneur behind Efdex, the electronic food and drink exchange which went into liquidation last week, has allegedly secured funds of between £70-90m to start up a new venture in the US. It was related to just-food.com that Carron-Brown has taken two former Efdex employees with him to get the new venture off the ground. If he needed their expertise, this suggests he may be attempting to set up a US-based version of Efdex.Such an operation may work more easily in the US, where Internet access is cheaper and more widespread. In the UK, Efdex encountered difficulties when it emerged that many of its potential customers did not have the necessary IT infrastructure to become members. Efdex tried to get around this by supplying clients with free computers, pushing startup costs through the roof.For more on the Efdex story,
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch