UK: Efdex CEO starting new venture in US?
Tim Carron-Brown, the entrepreneur behind Efdex, the electronic food and drink exchange which went into liquidation last week, has allegedly secured funds of between £70-90m to start up a new venture in the US. It was related to just-food.com that Carron-Brown has taken two former Efdex employees with him to get the new venture off the ground. If he needed their expertise, this suggests he may be attempting to set up a US-based version of Efdex.Such an operation may work more easily in the US, where Internet access is cheaper and more widespread. In the UK, Efdex encountered difficulties when it emerged that many of its potential customers did not have the necessary IT infrastructure to become members. Efdex tried to get around this by supplying clients with free computers, pushing startup costs through the roof.For more on the Efdex story,
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report