UK: Efdex CEO starting new venture in US?
Tim Carron-Brown, the entrepreneur behind Efdex, the electronic food and drink exchange which went into liquidation last week, has allegedly secured funds of between £70-90m to start up a new venture in the US. It was related to just-food.com that Carron-Brown has taken two former Efdex employees with him to get the new venture off the ground. If he needed their expertise, this suggests he may be attempting to set up a US-based version of Efdex.Such an operation may work more easily in the US, where Internet access is cheaper and more widespread. In the UK, Efdex encountered difficulties when it emerged that many of its potential customers did not have the necessary IT infrastructure to become members. Efdex tried to get around this by supplying clients with free computers, pushing startup costs through the roof.For more on the Efdex story,
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report