UK: Efdex CEO starting new venture in US?
Tim Carron-Brown, the entrepreneur behind Efdex, the electronic food and drink exchange which went into liquidation last week, has allegedly secured funds of between £70-90m to start up a new venture in the US. It was related to just-food.com that Carron-Brown has taken two former Efdex employees with him to get the new venture off the ground. If he needed their expertise, this suggests he may be attempting to set up a US-based version of Efdex.Such an operation may work more easily in the US, where Internet access is cheaper and more widespread. In the UK, Efdex encountered difficulties when it emerged that many of its potential customers did not have the necessary IT infrastructure to become members. Efdex tried to get around this by supplying clients with free computers, pushing startup costs through the roof.For more on the Efdex story,
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO