US: Efficiency gains offset sales slowdown at Heinz
- Sales slide to US$2.8bn, down from $2.85bn
- Operating profit increases to $433.4m
- Net profit rises to $195.2m
Heinz earnings rise
Heinz has reported higher first-quarter earnings, as cost reduction efforts more than offset a slowdown in sales.
During the first three months of the year the firm, which was acquired by 3G Capital and Berkshire Hathaway last year, saw sales fall 2.9%.
However, under its private-equity owners Heinz has embarked on a significant cost-cutting drive. The group has closed factories in North America and Europe and cut its headcount. Lower costs enabled the firm to report an increase in operating profit of 8.9%. Net profit rose 9.8%.
Click here to view the full filing.
H. J. Heinz Company - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offe...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Heinz Foodservice is focused on sales and promotion of its branded condiments, sauces, soups and tomato products targeting full-service, quick-serve and non-commercial restaurants. The company offers ...
The principal strategy of Heinz México SA de CV involves targeting its sales towards the consumer foodservice industry and establishing successful alliances with large chained consumer foodservice ope...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Food industry news of week: Unilever, PepsiCo
- Chobani launches Tots infant range
- Premier Foods hails "improving" sales trends
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report