US: Efficiency gains offset sales slowdown at Heinz
- Sales slide to US$2.8bn, down from $2.85bn
- Operating profit increases to $433.4m
- Net profit rises to $195.2m
Heinz earnings rise
Heinz has reported higher first-quarter earnings, as cost reduction efforts more than offset a slowdown in sales.
During the first three months of the year the firm, which was acquired by 3G Capital and Berkshire Hathaway last year, saw sales fall 2.9%.
However, under its private-equity owners Heinz has embarked on a significant cost-cutting drive. The group has closed factories in North America and Europe and cut its headcount. Lower costs enabled the firm to report an increase in operating profit of 8.9%. Net profit rose 9.8%.
Click here to view the full filing.
H. J. Heinz Company - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, produ...
H. J. Heinz Company - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the company’s history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed ...
H. J. Heinz Company - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offe...
Project Synopsis: MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity unde...
- On the money: Unilever shifting into growth spots
- On the money: Danone denies strategy overhaul
- The just-food interview: Premier Foods CEO Darby
- Comment: Danone could be mulling strategy shift
- Why whole sector should take heed of meat scrutiny
- Tyson sells Mexico, Brazil ops to JBS
- Unilever sees lacklustre H1 food sales
- FrieslandCampina to form "dairy zones" in Vietnam
- 2 Sisters "passes" FSA poultry plant audits
- Danone H1 profits down but sticks to FY goals