WORLD: efoodmanager acquires Fifex
efoodmanager, the leading eBusiness solution provider for the European food and retail industry, today announced that it has acquired Fifex SA, the leading provider of hosted eCommerce solutions for the food and meat processing industry in France and the UK in an all share deal.
Users of Fifex's hosted eCommerce solutions include French and the UK leaders of the food and meat processing industry.
Jan Stenger, Chief Business Development Officer of efoodmanager, commented: "The Fifex deal provides efoodmanager with a significant foothold in the food and meat processing industry and complements our existing position in the perishable food market. "
With operations and projects in Germany, France, UK, Spain and Switzerland, efoodmanager develops and implements a range of e-Business Solutions for leading European food and retail businesses.
Claude Morand-Fehr, founder and chairman of Fifex SA, commented: "We are delighted to be joining forces with efoodmanager. Both companies share the same core technology and strategic approach to providing major food companies, such as meat and retail businesses, with the benefits of specialized e-Business solutions."
With over 40 years experience in the food industry, Claude Morand-Fehr and David Jullo, fellow co-founder of Fifex, will join efoodmanager's Paris office.
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti