GERMANY: eFoodmanager.com Acquires Europe's Leading Seafood Industry eMarketplace
eFoodmanager, Europe's leading b2b trading and services market-place for the food industry -- today announced that it has acquired the leading European market-place for the seafood industry, www.DerFischmann.de, for an undisclosed figure. Under the deal, the founder and CEO of DerFischmann, Joachim Reichelmann, also joins eFoodmanager as category head for seafood produce. Founded in 1996, www.DerFischmann.de has some 100 seafood industry participants currently trading through the platform.Jan Stenger, co-founder and CEO of eFoodmanager, commented: "The acquisition provides an important building block to access Europe's leading buying and selling groups. We plan to have all major food categories tradable on the platform by the year end."With 250 participants now signed to eFoodmanager's platform, including retail and e-tailer groups, manufacturer and traders, the company plans to pilot its service across four initial food categories in May -- fruit and vegetables, seafood, meat and dairy products.Joachim Reichelmann said:"Being part of eFoodmanager represents a significant step forward for DerFischmann's users both in terms of the services provided -- such as financial services and logistics -- and in terms of opening up previously hard to access international markets for European fish industry sellers. eFoodmanager is opening up international markets whilst at the same time achieving significant efficiency gains for buyers and sellers alike."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review