CANADA: Egg producers hopeful of brighter future, KPMG report shows
Egg farmers in Canada are optimistic about their future livelihoods, a recent survey conducted by KPMG indicates. Many have invested significant capital in their farms in recent years and are confident they will reap the benefits. The study looked at 95 egg producers across Canada, a representative sample of the country's 1,150 farmers producing eggs under Canada's national supply management system. A significant 85 of the 95 egg farmers who participated in the survey invested C$16.2m (US$10.5m) in capital assets between 1997 and 1999, as well as C$1.7m in environmental protection measures.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund