EGYPT/CAMEROON: Egypt and Cameroon sign a food pact
The governments of Egypt and Cameroon have signed a tripartite agreement with the UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) to send Egyptian agricultural technicians to assist Cameroon's agriculture. The accord, signed under the framework of the FAO's Special Programme for Food Security (SPFS), will put the technical assistance service of Egypt at the disposal of Cameroon for two to three years, "expressing a continuing spirit of cooperation between the two African countries," according to a statement by the FAO issued on 5 October.According to the agreement, Egypt will send experts and field technicians to Cameroon to identify, design and implement a number of small rural projects appropriate to the local environment. "The cooperative effort aims to remove socio-economic constraints to the development of food production, including cereals, vegetables, fruits, roots and tubers, small animals, artisan fisheries and aquaculture," the FAO said. The cooperation under the SPFS provides an opportunity to strengthen cooperation among developing countries at different stages of development, with the support of interested donor countries and the FAO, according to the UN agency.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review