USA: Einstein/Noah Bagel Corp. obtains court approval of sale of assets to affiliates of New World Coffee-Manhattan Bagel, Inc.
Einstein/Noah Bagel Corp. announced today that it has obtained bankruptcy court approval of the sale of substantially all of the assets of the Company and its majority-owned subsidiary, Einstein/Noah Bagel Partners, L.P. ("Bagel Partners"), to Einstein Acquisition Corp. and Greenlight New World, LLC, affiliates of New Jersey- based New World Coffee-Manhattan Bagel, Inc. ("New World"), for a purchase price consisting of $160 million in cash and the assumption of up to $30 million in liabilities. The New World affiliates were the successful bidder in an auction that was conducted on June 1, 2001 in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Phoenix, Arizona.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch