USA: Einstein/Noah Bagel Corp. obtains court approval of sale of assets to affiliates of New World Coffee-Manhattan Bagel, Inc.
Einstein/Noah Bagel Corp. announced today that it has obtained bankruptcy court approval of the sale of substantially all of the assets of the Company and its majority-owned subsidiary, Einstein/Noah Bagel Partners, L.P. ("Bagel Partners"), to Einstein Acquisition Corp. and Greenlight New World, LLC, affiliates of New Jersey- based New World Coffee-Manhattan Bagel, Inc. ("New World"), for a purchase price consisting of $160 million in cash and the assumption of up to $30 million in liabilities. The New World affiliates were the successful bidder in an auction that was conducted on June 1, 2001 in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Phoenix, Arizona.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action