SPAIN: El Arbol to be sold as part of Laurus restructuring
Beleaguered Dutch retailing group Laurus plans to sell El Arbol Distribucion y Supermercados to British private equity firm CVC Capital Partners, as part of its restructuring programme. El Arbol, a Spanish supermarket subsidiary of Laurus, contributed to the €44m (US$42.8m) net loss that the Laurus group made in the first quarter of this year. To combat the loss, Laurus announced a restructuring programme in June, which includes the sale of El Arbol.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant