SPAIN: El Arbol to be sold as part of Laurus restructuring
Beleaguered Dutch retailing group Laurus plans to sell El Arbol Distribucion y Supermercados to British private equity firm CVC Capital Partners, as part of its restructuring programme. El Arbol, a Spanish supermarket subsidiary of Laurus, contributed to the €44m (US$42.8m) net loss that the Laurus group made in the first quarter of this year. To combat the loss, Laurus announced a restructuring programme in June, which includes the sale of El Arbol.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- ABF buys UK sports nutrition firms H5, Reflex