SPAIN: El Arbol to be sold as part of Laurus restructuring
Beleaguered Dutch retailing group Laurus plans to sell El Arbol Distribucion y Supermercados to British private equity firm CVC Capital Partners, as part of its restructuring programme. El Arbol, a Spanish supermarket subsidiary of Laurus, contributed to the €44m (US$42.8m) net loss that the Laurus group made in the first quarter of this year. To combat the loss, Laurus announced a restructuring programme in June, which includes the sale of El Arbol.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs