ISRAEL: Elite and Kellogg mull JV
Elite, one of Israel's leading food manufacturers, and Kellogg, one of the world's largest manufacturers of cereals, are negotiating a possible strategic cooperation. Elite aims, according to trade sources in Tel Aviv, to distribute Kellogg's cereals in Israel. In recent years, consumption of cereals in Israel, whether imported or locally processed, has increased significantly, especially among children.Should Elite and Kellogg establish a form of cooperation, "Elite will in fact compete with its ice cream partner Unilever. Last month Unilever purchased the American company Bestfoods, which controls Israeli company Telma (Tami), currently the leading manufacturer of breakfast cereals in Israel. The value of the breakfast cereals market in Israel is estimated at US$70m. Kellogg's cereals, currently distributed in Israel exclusively by Alex Agencies, hold a 20% share of the market, which boasts annual growth of 12%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth