ISRAEL: Elite and Kellogg mull JV
Elite, one of Israel's leading food manufacturers, and Kellogg, one of the world's largest manufacturers of cereals, are negotiating a possible strategic cooperation. Elite aims, according to trade sources in Tel Aviv, to distribute Kellogg's cereals in Israel. In recent years, consumption of cereals in Israel, whether imported or locally processed, has increased significantly, especially among children.Should Elite and Kellogg establish a form of cooperation, "Elite will in fact compete with its ice cream partner Unilever. Last month Unilever purchased the American company Bestfoods, which controls Israeli company Telma (Tami), currently the leading manufacturer of breakfast cereals in Israel. The value of the breakfast cereals market in Israel is estimated at US$70m. Kellogg's cereals, currently distributed in Israel exclusively by Alex Agencies, hold a 20% share of the market, which boasts annual growth of 12%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review