ISRAEL: Elite buys functional food distributor for NIS215m
Elite Industries, one of Israel's leading food manufacturers and distributors, acquired the Pharma-Green company, which imports and markets health and functional foods. Elite paid NIS21.5m (US$4.63m) to buy Pharma-Green, while inventory and equipment will be paid for separately. A report in Globes notes that Pharma-Green expects NIS14m in sales in 2002. It forecasts that sales in two new strategic fields, breakfast cereals and health cookies, will boost its sales to NIS30m in 2003. The report adds that Pharma-Green developed the Energy brand, which includes a wide variety of products in diverse and complementary fields, made by different manufacturers: cereal snacks, granola and now breakfast cereals and health cookies.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund