ISRAEL: Elite buys functional food distributor for NIS215m
Elite Industries, one of Israel's leading food manufacturers and distributors, acquired the Pharma-Green company, which imports and markets health and functional foods. Elite paid NIS21.5m (US$4.63m) to buy Pharma-Green, while inventory and equipment will be paid for separately. A report in Globes notes that Pharma-Green expects NIS14m in sales in 2002. It forecasts that sales in two new strategic fields, breakfast cereals and health cookies, will boost its sales to NIS30m in 2003. The report adds that Pharma-Green developed the Energy brand, which includes a wide variety of products in diverse and complementary fields, made by different manufacturers: cereal snacks, granola and now breakfast cereals and health cookies.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast