ISRAEL/UK: Elite wins contract to make chocolate for Sainsbury's - report
Israeli food company Elite Industries has said it has won a NIS10m (US$2.3m) contract to manufacture chocolate bars for UK supermarket chain Sainsbury's. Elite CEO Giora Bar Dea said he hoped the deal would be extended to other fields in the coming months, reported Globes Online. Elite competed in the tender against several other companies, including US food giant Kraft, German private label firm Ludwig and UK confectioner Ashbury.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs