ISRAEL/UK: Elite wins contract to make chocolate for Sainsbury's - report
Israeli food company Elite Industries has said it has won a NIS10m (US$2.3m) contract to manufacture chocolate bars for UK supermarket chain Sainsbury's. Elite CEO Giora Bar Dea said he hoped the deal would be extended to other fields in the coming months, reported Globes Online. Elite competed in the tender against several other companies, including US food giant Kraft, German private label firm Ludwig and UK confectioner Ashbury.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- ABF sees further grocery revival