ISRAEL/UK: Elite wins contract to make chocolate for Sainsbury's - report
Israeli food company Elite Industries has said it has won a NIS10m (US$2.3m) contract to manufacture chocolate bars for UK supermarket chain Sainsbury's. Elite CEO Giora Bar Dea said he hoped the deal would be extended to other fields in the coming months, reported Globes Online. Elite competed in the tender against several other companies, including US food giant Kraft, German private label firm Ludwig and UK confectioner Ashbury.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project