USA: Elmer's Restaurants announces multi-unit franchise agreement
Portland, Ore.-based Elmer's Restaurants has entered into a multi-unit franchise agreement with a restaurant group based in southern Oregon.
Southern Oregon Elmer's, headed by local restaurateurs Bob Brutke and Dave Thomason, purchased three corporate-owned Elmer's Breakfast. Lunch. Dinner restaurants in Medford, Grants Pass, and Roseburg, Oregon and has agreed to develop two more Elmer's units in southern Oregon. Further disclosures are provided in the company's Form 8-K, filed on 17 May 2002.
Commenting on the transaction, chairman Bruce Davis said: "Adding another strong multi-unit Elmer's operator underscores our strategy to increase significantly the number of franchisees in our system and to expand the Elmer's brand in the western US.
"This transaction follows the recent and successful opening of two new franchised Elmer's restaurants in Woodburn, Oregon and Nampa, Idaho," Davis continued.
Elmer's owns and operates ten Elmer's restaurants and franchises 22 restaurants in six western states. The company also owns and operates five Mitzel's American Kitchen restaurants in Puget Sound, Washington and ten deli-style restaurants in Oregon.
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill