ITALY: Emmi acquires dessert maker A-27
Swiss dairy group Emmi today (10 June) announced that it has acquired Italian high-end dessert maker A-27 for an undisclosed sum.
The deal will extend Emmi's expertise in dessert production and strengthen its position in "key markets", the group said.
The company declined to comment further on the deal.
With distribution in 25 countries worldwide, A-27 produces premium private label desserts as well as products under the Bonta Divina brand.
Emmi also revealed that it has increased its stake in the holding company of Swiss Milk Producers Ltd to 99.8%.
Stories from Europe, the UK, the US and Latin America provided some of this week's headlines. A key shareholder in Metro Group has lost patience with the German retailer's CEO, upmarket UK grocer Mark...
- Why Nestle is relaxed about the China "drag"
- SIAL 2014: Greek yoghurt firm Fage targets Europe
- Focus: Will Danone return to growth in dairy?
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- SIAL: French firm Michel et Augustin to enter US
- SIAL 2014: Premier in talks over US manufacturing
- Symington's acquires Tanfield Foods
- Kellogg, Nestle slammed for "chaotic" salt policy
- Heinz silent over Polish factory expansion talk
- Danone "eyes acquisition of Mead Johnson"