ITALY: Emmi acquires dessert maker A-27
Swiss dairy group Emmi today (10 June) announced that it has acquired Italian high-end dessert maker A-27 for an undisclosed sum.
The deal will extend Emmi's expertise in dessert production and strengthen its position in "key markets", the group said.
The company declined to comment further on the deal.
With distribution in 25 countries worldwide, A-27 produces premium private label desserts as well as products under the Bonta Divina brand.
Emmi also revealed that it has increased its stake in the holding company of Swiss Milk Producers Ltd to 99.8%.
Stories from Europe, the UK, the US and Latin America provided some of this week's headlines. A key shareholder in Metro Group has lost patience with the German retailer's CEO, upmarket UK grocer Mark...
- The just-food interview: Bega Cheese CEO
- Sustainability Watch: The US packaging challenge
- Maspex: M&A opportunities in eastern Europe
- Why US foodservice could offer route to growth
- Why "simple" and "real" will be industry buzzwords
- UPDATE: Mondelez confirms Irish plant changes
- WhiteWave launches "Australian-style" yoghurt
- Bright Food "to buy 70% of Tnuva"
- Saputo's Warrnambool to buy Lion's cheese arm
- Thorntons sales, profits fall