SWITZ/SPAIN: Emmi dismisses talk of Kaiku interest
Swiss dairy group Emmi has brushed off a report that claimed it was looking to buy out the other shareholders in Spanish co-operative Kaiku.
Following an interview with Emmi CEO Urs Riedener, Swiss business newspaper Handelszeitung reported that the company, which owns 43% of Kaiku, was planning to take full ownership of the firm.
However, speaking to just-food today (20 January), a spokesperson for Emmi said the company was not interested in increasing its stake in Kaiku.
"[The report] is actually wrong. That's not on the agenda for the time being. There is no contract and no formal option," the spokesperson said.
The spokesperson said Riedener was interested in Emmi and Kaiku "intensifying" the relationship between the two companies. She pointed to the "double-digit growth" Emmi's Caffe Latte brand had acheived in Spain, where it is distributed by Kaiku.
Emmi is also looking at using its relationship with Kaiku to build its presence in Latin America, she said. "Kaiku has production facilities in Latin America. We have a small amount of exports."
The price of milk dominated headlines in the UK this week, with farmers gathering at a summit to air their views on the implications of the cuts and discuss what can be done. Elsewhere, French retaile...
Swiss dairy group Emmi has increased its stake in France's Diprola and Spain's Kaiku as it looks to expand internationally....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016