SWITZ/SPAIN: Emmi dismisses talk of Kaiku interest
Swiss dairy group Emmi has brushed off a report that claimed it was looking to buy out the other shareholders in Spanish co-operative Kaiku.
Following an interview with Emmi CEO Urs Riedener, Swiss business newspaper Handelszeitung reported that the company, which owns 43% of Kaiku, was planning to take full ownership of the firm.
However, speaking to just-food today (20 January), a spokesperson for Emmi said the company was not interested in increasing its stake in Kaiku.
"[The report] is actually wrong. That's not on the agenda for the time being. There is no contract and no formal option," the spokesperson said.
The spokesperson said Riedener was interested in Emmi and Kaiku "intensifying" the relationship between the two companies. She pointed to the "double-digit growth" Emmi's Caffe Latte brand had acheived in Spain, where it is distributed by Kaiku.
Emmi is also looking at using its relationship with Kaiku to build its presence in Latin America, she said. "Kaiku has production facilities in Latin America. We have a small amount of exports."
The price of milk dominated headlines in the UK this week, with farmers gathering at a summit to air their views on the implications of the cuts and discuss what can be done. Elsewhere, French retaile...
Swiss dairy group Emmi has increased its stake in France's Diprola and Spain's Kaiku as it looks to expand internationally....
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis: The impact on shopper behaviour
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020