SWITZ: Emmi launches yoghurt milk
The range is available in three flavours including classic, strawberry and honey
Swiss dairy group Emmi has launched a yoghurt milk range product for the Swiss market.
Emmi said its yoghurt milk is "thicker than milk and more fluid than yoghurt".
When asked what prompted Emmi to develop this product, a spokesperson for the company said: "On the one hand, we have an internal pool of ideas. On the other hand, we conduct regular focus groups, led by external market research institutes, to reveal consumer needs and to test product ideas systematically."
The product contains no artificial additives and no flavourings. The range is available in three flavours including classic, strawberry and honey.
The classic is "slightly sweetened natural yogurt," with the strawberry flavour having 15% strawberries and 7% honey, the company said.
The dairy group added that it is not planning on selling it internationally at the moment.
A spokesperson for the company said: "An international launch might be possible at a later stage but has not been planned so far. For the time being, the focus is on a successful launch in Switzerland."
Emmi's Yogurt Milk product comes in a 750ml resealable pack and is available in Swiss stores from mid-September.
Emmi CFO Reto Conrad has decided to leave the Swiss dairy processor, the company announced today (14 February)....
Swiss dairy group Emmi has brushed off a report that claimed it was looking to buy out the other shareholders in Spanish co-operative Kaiku....
- ConAgra Foods: what could happen next? - analysis
- Why Mars rice plan not just crop-ticking exercise
- Why Pinnacle Foods faces work on Boulder Brands
- Greencore's food-to-go focus paying dividends
- What could be benefit of US approval of GM salmon?
- Hovis plans cuts amid anxiety over UK bread demand
- Fonterra, Bellamy's strike baby nutritionals partn
- Unilever sets 2030 carbon positive goal
- Emmi acquires US firm Redwood Hill Farm
- PepsiCo to expand Frito-Lay plant in US