SWITZ: Emmi launches yoghurt milk
The range is available in three flavours including classic, strawberry and honey
Swiss dairy group Emmi has launched a yoghurt milk range product for the Swiss market.
Emmi said its yoghurt milk is "thicker than milk and more fluid than yoghurt".
When asked what prompted Emmi to develop this product, a spokesperson for the company said: "On the one hand, we have an internal pool of ideas. On the other hand, we conduct regular focus groups, led by external market research institutes, to reveal consumer needs and to test product ideas systematically."
The product contains no artificial additives and no flavourings. The range is available in three flavours including classic, strawberry and honey.
The classic is "slightly sweetened natural yogurt," with the strawberry flavour having 15% strawberries and 7% honey, the company said.
The dairy group added that it is not planning on selling it internationally at the moment.
A spokesperson for the company said: "An international launch might be possible at a later stage but has not been planned so far. For the time being, the focus is on a successful launch in Switzerland."
Emmi's Yogurt Milk product comes in a 750ml resealable pack and is available in Swiss stores from mid-September.
Emmi CFO Reto Conrad has decided to leave the Swiss dairy processor, the company announced today (14 February)....
Swiss dairy group Emmi has brushed off a report that claimed it was looking to buy out the other shareholders in Spanish co-operative Kaiku....
- M&A Watch: Raisio should sell to private equity
- Infographic: Snapshot of Japan's food sector
- On the money: Solid Lindt outpaces chocolate peers
- Spotlight: What could be impact of Russia's ban?
- On the money: Hain expects continued organic gains
- Russian government eases ban on food imports
- Pork Farms buys Kerry Group's pastry plants
- Kerry cools claim spreads move could hit jobs
- Profits up at chocolate group Lindt
- Japan's Sanyo takes stake in Olam's food biz
- New Strategies for offering Convenience in Food - targeting new occasions, best practice and new solutions
- David Chapman's Ice Cream Ltd in Packaged Food (Canada)
- Global Bakery & Cereals Market: Merger and Acquisitions May 2014
- Colombia - ISA Country Report
- Food Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide