SWITZ: Emmi sells Baer stake to Lactalis
The Swiss firm said today (3 June) that it had agreed to offload its 35% stake to Lactalis, which bought Baer earlier this year.
A spokesman for Emmi said the company had decided its interest in Baer no longer fits its strategy of selling "classic Swiss cheeses" like gruyere and emmental.
The leading lights of the food industry have spent the last few days in Paris at this year's SIAL exhibition and the mood of those who in convened in the French capital was one of determined optimism....
French dairy group Lactalis has warned that protests by producers over milk prices could escalate ahead of national talks to be held later this week....
Lactalis Nestlé has extended its Aero dessert range in the UK with the addition of a mint and choc flavour variant....
Emmi is to double the length of its cheese-ageing cave in Kaltbach by 2010, the Swiss dairy company has said....
Milk producers blocked access to several processing plants yesterday (20 October) protesting against price cut proposals from French dairy companies....
The European food industry turns its gaze to Paris this weekend as the great and good of the sector convene at the biennial SIAL exhibition....
French dairy group Lactalis will end camembert production at its plant in Saint-Maclou, in Brittany, by the end of the year....
French dairy group Lactalis has upped its stake in Croatian firm Kim Dairy....
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea