SWITZERLAND: Emmi to take over part of SDF
Swiss dairy Emmi is to sign a contract for the purchase of part of the cheese processing activities of dairy company Swiss Dairy Food (SDF). Emmi's turnover is expected to increase by around SFr300m (US$203m) after the takeover. The company is also interested in another SDF cheese factory in Landquart and is set to submit an offer for it this week, reported the Swiss News Digest.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin