USA: Emmpak Foods recalls 400,000 pounds meat on E. coli fears
Wisconsin-based Emmpak Foods is recalling 400,000 pounds of ground beef on fears it may be linked to an E. coli outbreak that has sickened 40 people across three US states. The meat had been sold through Emmpak's Peck Meat Packing Division, said company president Justin Segel. Segel said product recalls generally involve one date of production, but because a production date wasn't available, the company is recalling meat from five days.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses