USA: Emmpak Foods recalls 400,000 pounds meat on E. coli fears
Wisconsin-based Emmpak Foods is recalling 400,000 pounds of ground beef on fears it may be linked to an E. coli outbreak that has sickened 40 people across three US states. The meat had been sold through Emmpak's Peck Meat Packing Division, said company president Justin Segel. Segel said product recalls generally involve one date of production, but because a production date wasn't available, the company is recalling meat from five days.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target