CANADA: Empire Company reports record Q3 operating earnings of C$35.3m
Stellarton, NS-based food distribution firm Empire Company Ltd has reported record earnings before net capital gains and other items (after goodwill charges) of C$35.3m (US$22.27m), C$1.08/share, for its Q3 ended 31 January 2002. This performance represents strong growth over the C$17.4m, C$0.53/share, recorded in the same period last year. All operating companies recorded improved earnings over the Q3 last year and each contributed to the record performance. Included in Q3 net earnings are earnings from discontinued operations of C$0.9m versus C$1.4m last year. Earnings from discontinued operations reflect accounting for SERCA foodservice operations as a discontinued operation based on a definitive agreement, announced 5 December 2001 to sell substantially all of the net assets of SERCA foodservice operations and the expectation for closing this transaction prior to the end of the fiscal year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti