CANADA: Empire Company reports record Q3 operating earnings of C$35.3m
Stellarton, NS-based food distribution firm Empire Company Ltd has reported record earnings before net capital gains and other items (after goodwill charges) of C$35.3m (US$22.27m), C$1.08/share, for its Q3 ended 31 January 2002. This performance represents strong growth over the C$17.4m, C$0.53/share, recorded in the same period last year. All operating companies recorded improved earnings over the Q3 last year and each contributed to the record performance. Included in Q3 net earnings are earnings from discontinued operations of C$0.9m versus C$1.4m last year. Earnings from discontinued operations reflect accounting for SERCA foodservice operations as a discontinued operation based on a definitive agreement, announced 5 December 2001 to sell substantially all of the net assets of SERCA foodservice operations and the expectation for closing this transaction prior to the end of the fiscal year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units