CANADA: Empire Company reports record Q3 operating earnings of C$35.3m
Stellarton, NS-based food distribution firm Empire Company Ltd has reported record earnings before net capital gains and other items (after goodwill charges) of C$35.3m (US$22.27m), C$1.08/share, for its Q3 ended 31 January 2002. This performance represents strong growth over the C$17.4m, C$0.53/share, recorded in the same period last year. All operating companies recorded improved earnings over the Q3 last year and each contributed to the record performance. Included in Q3 net earnings are earnings from discontinued operations of C$0.9m versus C$1.4m last year. Earnings from discontinued operations reflect accounting for SERCA foodservice operations as a discontinued operation based on a definitive agreement, announced 5 December 2001 to sell substantially all of the net assets of SERCA foodservice operations and the expectation for closing this transaction prior to the end of the fiscal year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action