CANADA: Empire delivers record operating results for the Q4 and FY 2002
Diversified Stellarton, Nova Scotia-based firm Empire Company Ltd has reported record operating results for the year ended 30 April 2002. Empire recorded operating earnings of C$132.2m (C$4.01 per share), up 49% on last year's C$88.5m (C$2.66 per share). Operating earnings are after goodwill amortisation of C$9.5m (C$0.29 per share) versus C$9.3m (C$0.28 per share) last year. Included are earnings from discontinued operations of C$8.7m versus C$10m last year, reflecting the sale by 62% owned Sobeys of substantially all of the net assets of SERCA Foodservice operations on 30 March 2002. Excluding these, operating earnings were C$123.5m up 57% on C$78.5m last year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti