CANADA: Empire delivers record operating results for the Q4 and FY 2002
Diversified Stellarton, Nova Scotia-based firm Empire Company Ltd has reported record operating results for the year ended 30 April 2002. Empire recorded operating earnings of C$132.2m (C$4.01 per share), up 49% on last year's C$88.5m (C$2.66 per share). Operating earnings are after goodwill amortisation of C$9.5m (C$0.29 per share) versus C$9.3m (C$0.28 per share) last year. Included are earnings from discontinued operations of C$8.7m versus C$10m last year, reflecting the sale by 62% owned Sobeys of substantially all of the net assets of SERCA Foodservice operations on 30 March 2002. Excluding these, operating earnings were C$123.5m up 57% on C$78.5m last year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs