CANADA: Empire delivers record operating results for the Q4 and FY 2002
Diversified Stellarton, Nova Scotia-based firm Empire Company Ltd has reported record operating results for the year ended 30 April 2002. Empire recorded operating earnings of C$132.2m (C$4.01 per share), up 49% on last year's C$88.5m (C$2.66 per share). Operating earnings are after goodwill amortisation of C$9.5m (C$0.29 per share) versus C$9.3m (C$0.28 per share) last year. Included are earnings from discontinued operations of C$8.7m versus C$10m last year, reflecting the sale by 62% owned Sobeys of substantially all of the net assets of SERCA Foodservice operations on 30 March 2002. Excluding these, operating earnings were C$123.5m up 57% on C$78.5m last year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review