US: Enjoy Life reports strong 2006, expects more growth
Enjoy Life Natural Brands, the allergen-free food specialist, has reported that sales of its Enjoy Life and Perky's brands almost doubled in 2006, and is expecting an even better performance in 2007.
The company attributed the growth to expanded distribution in the western US and throughout Canada, and the introduction of six new products.
In order to build the business further in 2007, the company has expanded its senior management team, with the appointment of Patricia Marko as director of sales, and Nancy Curby as director of marketing. Both bring considerable experience in building strong consumer brands in the natural food and grocery channels, the company said.
Scott Mandell, the company's CEO, president and co-founder, said: "The outlook for the gluten-free and allergen-free category is extremely positive as more manufacturers and retailers look to expand their offerings. We expect 2007 to be our best year ever as we launch additional products and expand our distribution into new markets."
Enjoy Life also announced that its other founder and chief financial officer Bert Cohen would be leaving his current position, but would remain on the company's board of directors.
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery