UK: Environment Minister launches attack on GM crops
The UK's Environment Minister Michael Meacher has launched a scathing attack on genetically modified crops. During an interview with the Ecologist magazine Meacher expressed his concerns about the consequences of using GM crops: "The real problem is whether ten, 20, 30 years down the track, serious and worrying things happen that none of us ever predicted. It's these sorts of totally unpredicted problems that make me very, very cautious."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- Buffett: no back-up deal for Kraft Heinz
- Kraft Heinz "substantially undervalued" Unilever