ITALY: Environmentalists call for GM soyabean ban
A leading Italian environmentalist group has urged the European Union to ban Monsanto' s genetically engineered Roundup Ready (RR) soybeans after new information about their DNA. Green Environment and Society (VAS) claim that a new study by Monsanto into RR has revealed two new genetic sequences in the varieties of the product. Quoting from a Monsanto document report submitted to Britain's Advisory Committee on Novel Food and Processes (ACNFP), Ivan Verga, vice-president of VAS said: "Recently, additional characterisation experiments have been completed using more sensitive and precise methods."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units