UK: Environmentalists condemn "arrogant, secretive and contemptuous" GM trials by MAFF
Friends of the Earth has today (10 October) condemned "secret" GM crop trials being carried out across the UK as "arrogant and contemptuous." The trials of GM maize, sugar beet and oilseed rape were announced in a parliamentary answer by the Ministry of Agriculture, Farming and Fisheries (MAFF) but were not widely publicised.So far, only one parish, Rowton in Shropshire, has been identified as a site for the trials, which were approved by agriculture minister Nick Brown over a year ago and are being carried out by the
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods