UK: Environmentalists condemn "arrogant, secretive and contemptuous" GM trials by MAFF
Friends of the Earth has today (10 October) condemned "secret" GM crop trials being carried out across the UK as "arrogant and contemptuous." The trials of GM maize, sugar beet and oilseed rape were announced in a parliamentary answer by the Ministry of Agriculture, Farming and Fisheries (MAFF) but were not widely publicised.So far, only one parish, Rowton in Shropshire, has been identified as a site for the trials, which were approved by agriculture minister Nick Brown over a year ago and are being carried out by the
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report