NEW ZEALAND: Enza directors recommend shareholders accept Guinness Peat takeover offer
Independent directors at New Zealand pipfruit exporter Enza have recommended the group's shareholders to accept the NZ$1.2 (US$0.5) per share offer made by the Guinness Peat Group (GPG). GPG already holds a 19.9% stake in Enza, and its takeover bid values Enza at NZ$72m. As GPG already has a conditional contract to buy out the 19.9% stake held by FR Partners, it needs to buy just 10.3% of Enza's shares to establish control.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project