SPAIN: Eroski launches click-and-drive format
Eroski has launched a click-and-drive format
Spanish hypermarket Eroski has launched a click-and-collect format.
The service, which it is trialling at its Leioa hypermarket, allows customers to order their groceries online and collect from the store without having to leave the car.
A dedicated indoor order collection area is in place. Six people are involved in the preparation and delivery of the orders made on Eroski online. Customers park in the parking lot, collect a ticket and wait for delivery.
"Click & Drive Eroski is the answer to better serve consumers who need to fill the pantry and want to do it quickly and easily. Thanks to this free service can make your order via computer, tablet or mobile phone and pick it up in less than five minutes with your car on the way home, "says Jaime Fernández de Valderrama, director of online commerce Eroski.
Eroski has recently been trialling a number of different formats. In July it launched a zero-power consumption supermarket that requires no energy input from external sources.
Leioa, March 13, 2014 -.Eroski inaugurates a new collection service for Internet purchases without leaving the car. It is the first distribution chain which starts this innovative way to make the purchase in Bizkaia.The service, called Click & Drive combines the ease of purchase, at any time and place, through its online grocery ordering and collecting the car at the station installed fast delivery of the car hypermarket Leioa along the road of Advanced.
"Click & Drive Eroski is the answer to better serve consumers who need to fill the pantry and want to do it quickly and easily. Thanks to this free service can make your order via computer, tablet or mobile phone and pick it up in less than five minutes with your car on the way home, "says Jaime Fernández de Valderrama, Director of Online Commerce Eroski.
The collecting of orders, 100 m2, is an indoor infrastructure that has a booth from which the fast delivery of customers purchase is made. Six people involved in the preparation and delivery of orders received that Eroski online. The Click & Drive service is free.
The process begins in the online supermarket www.compraonline.grupoeroski.com, enabling quick and intuitive operation and offers a range of 10,000 products. After filling the car, the customer must indicate which day you may agree or not with the purchase, and at what times collect your order, considering it must pass at least two hours from the end of the buying process online to pickup at the station fast delivery in Leioa hypermarket. Orders can be made up to six days in advance. "Our goal is to facilitate the customers purchase, you can park immediately and collect the tickets easily in the area for this service in the supermarket parking lot," explains the director of Online Commerce Eroski. The hours of operation are from 9:00 to 21:30.
Original source: Eroski
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- How to win in Australian gluten-free cereal
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- Brexit - Europe's food makers call result "a blow"
- Brexit - Irish food export agency sounds warning
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights