SPAIN: Eroski launches healthy private-label range
Spanish grocer Eroski today (1 June) announced the launch of a healtiher private-label range called Eroski Sannia.
The range will contain between 25-30% less salt, sugar or fat compared to other Eroski own-label lines. The company said the range also includes products enriched with functional ingredients such as fibre, vitamins and minerals, Omega 3 or sterols that help lower cholesterol.
The range contains no artificial colours, GMOs or trans fats and the company claims it has not sacrificed taste in order to improve the health elements.
Eroski's quality director Inaki Larrabeiti said that the launch completes some two years of work to "give consumers healthier products while keeping the price".
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast