SPAIN: Eroski plans for eight new hypermarkets and 100 new outlets in 2002
Eroski, the distribution firm based in the Basque region of Spain, has revealed plans to open eight hypermarkets and 100 new supermarkets this year The company also said yesterday [Thursday] that it will not focus so heavily on its business interests in France for the time being. While Eroski generates 9% of its turnover in the country and opens about two outlets a year, it says further growth opportunities are scarce.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project