SPAIN: Eroski plans for eight new hypermarkets and 100 new outlets in 2002
Eroski, the distribution firm based in the Basque region of Spain, has revealed plans to open eight hypermarkets and 100 new supermarkets this year The company also said yesterday [Thursday] that it will not focus so heavily on its business interests in France for the time being. While Eroski generates 9% of its turnover in the country and opens about two outlets a year, it says further growth opportunities are scarce.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth