SPAIN: Eroski plans for eight new hypermarkets and 100 new outlets in 2002
Eroski, the distribution firm based in the Basque region of Spain, has revealed plans to open eight hypermarkets and 100 new supermarkets this year The company also said yesterday [Thursday] that it will not focus so heavily on its business interests in France for the time being. While Eroski generates 9% of its turnover in the country and opens about two outlets a year, it says further growth opportunities are scarce.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Hershey steps up work on calories