UK: ERP system installed, what's next for Nestlé's IT team?
Two years ago, Nestlé UK completed one of the largest ERP systems in the country, since then however the IT team have been getting used the more mundane "business as usual" approach to work. Information systems director Nigel Pells explained to Computing magazine that for five years, his Nestlé team were consumed with the "big idea" of ERP (enterprise resource planning), integrating operations among 6,000 users in 18 factories. Once that was completed however, the real challenge was "what to do next?"
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- ABF sees further grocery revival