ITALY: Esselunga names Mariconda chairman
Italian grocery retailer Esselunga has appointed Vincenzo Mariconda as chairman.
Mariconda, 67, started his role on Friday (21 October) and succeeds founder and ownder of the company Bernardo Caprotti as chairman. Caprotti announced his resignation from the role earlier this month.
Lawyer and teacher Mariconda previously worked for Italian property company Risanamento.
Esselunga reported sales of more than EUR6bn (US$8bn) in 2010.
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg's 1894 fund debut investment in Kuli Kuli