US: Estate Cheese Group purchases US peer Sonoma Creamery
US cheese maker Estate Cheese Group has acquired local peer Sonoma Creamery for an undisclosed sum.
The acquisition will include the full operations and employees of Sonoma Creamery, formerly known as Sonoma Foods. The US company produces under the Sonoma Jack and Sonoma Cheese brands.
"We intend to grow the company and build on Sonoma's long-standing heritage of innovation, quality and expertly crafted cheeses," said Estate Cheese Group president and CEO John Crean.
Sonoma's VP of marketing, David Viviani, and VP of operations, Lou Biaggi, will form part of the team that will work under the new leadership of Estate Cheese Group.
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale
- Dole Food Co. files to go public again
- 2 Sisters' chief Boparan invests in UK's Crawshaw