EU: EU approves buyout of GIB
The European Union has approved the buyout of Belgian retailer GIB Group by Belgian holding companies Ackermans & Van Haaren and Compagnie Nationale a Portfeuille. The two companies are paying around €1.2bn for the buyout. GIB was Belgium's leading retailer until it sold its supermarket unit GB to France's Carrefour in July 2000, reported Dow Jones International.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast