RUSSIA: EU beef imports ban heralds double-edged fate of Russian meat market
In response to the BSE epidemic brought to light in Europe over recent months, Russia has announced the continuation of a ban on meat imports from its largest source, the European Union. Aleksey Gordeyev, deputy prime minister and minister of agriculture, explained that despite a shortage of meat on the Russian market, the import ban would remain in place for the foreseeable future.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth