EU: EU cash earmarked for fresh fruit promotion
The European Commission is to provide the equivalent of £3.5m towards the cost of a batch of new programmes to promote the consumption of apples and citrus fruit in the European Union. Total cost of the ten programmes is just under £6m with the balance being met by the Member States.The promotions will be in Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Spain, France, Netherlands, Austria and the United Kingdom. In Britain the campaign will be handled by UK Apples and Pears and will involve both fresh and processed fruit. The British campaign is costed at £280,000, of which Brussels will provide £167,000.The biggest promotional spending will be in France and Germany (fresh apples) and Spain (apples and citrus fruit). Commission officials said there was a standing budget to promote consumption of apples and citrus fruit but there had to be a balance between producers' claims and the cash available. "These action programmes will provide important assistance to producers who in some member states are finding market conditions very difficult," said an official.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review