AUSTRIA: EU clears LWM Potatoes to buy Frisch & Frost
The European Commission has given the green light to LWM Potatoes' bid to acquire Frisch & Frost
LWM Potatoes, a unit of Lamb Weston/Meijer, has been granted EU approval to acquire part of Austrian frozen food producer Frisch & Frost.
The European Commission has concluded that, following the proposed merger, the market for deep-frozen potatoes would remain competitive as the overlap between the parties' activities are limited, due to their focus on different geographic areas.
Frisch & Frost produces and sells chilled products, with a focus on deep-frozen potato and dough products supplying the foodservice sector, fast-food chains and the retail sector in Austria as well as some countries in Central and south-eastern Europe. It is owned by RWA International Holding, a holding company controlled by the BayWa/RWA Group.
LWM produces and sells deep-frozen potato products and dehydrated potato products in the Netherlands, France, Germany, the UK, Spain and Italy.
Following the transaction, LWM and RWA International will hold joint control of Frisch & Frost.
As the functional food concept is predicated on a direct association with health benefits, the debate over health claims is without doubt the central issue that companies operating in or entering this...
Diamond Foods' move for global snacks brand Pringles was the stand-out story this week, with the US snack firm set to add to a burgeoning stable that already includes Kettle Foods. Elsewhere, Smithfie...
Perhaps the biggest M&A story in the UK food sector this week reached the final chapter when Ireland's Greencore gave up on its pursuit to buy UK rival Northern Foods....
A row has broken out between the European Commission and EU-wide food and farm federation Copa-Cogeca over its claims that a planned trade deal with South America's Mercosur would destroy Europe's bee...
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review