EU: EU clears sale of RHM to Doughty Hanson
The European Commission has given the green light to the acquisition of Ranks Hovis McDougall Group by Doughty Hanson & Co Limited.Brussels does not think the takeover creates any competition concerns because the two parties are active in different sectors and so would not dominate any particular markets.DHC is an equity fund manager that organises and administers investment funds on behalf of institutional and private investors.The RHM group manufactures ambient, chilled and frozen food products. It has been sold by Tomkins, the UK guns-to-buns conglomerate which took almost a year to compete the disposal.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti