EU: EU clears sale of RHM to Doughty Hanson
The European Commission has given the green light to the acquisition of Ranks Hovis McDougall Group by Doughty Hanson & Co Limited.Brussels does not think the takeover creates any competition concerns because the two parties are active in different sectors and so would not dominate any particular markets.DHC is an equity fund manager that organises and administers investment funds on behalf of institutional and private investors.The RHM group manufactures ambient, chilled and frozen food products. It has been sold by Tomkins, the UK guns-to-buns conglomerate which took almost a year to compete the disposal.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs