PORTUGAL: EU could retract Portuguese assistance to pig farmers
The Commission of the European Union today [Wednesday] decided to ask the Court of Justice to annul the Council of Ministers' decision of 21 January authorising Portugal to grant aid of a maximum of €16.3m (US$14.1m) to pig farmers. This Commission explained that this is the same amount of state aid as should have been repaid by 2,116 farmers under two final negative decisions of the Commission of 25 November 1999 and 4 October 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife