EU: EU decision on GM moratorium is further delayed
The European Union has failed to agree on whether or not to lift its five-year moratorium on biotech foods, and a decision could be a further 90 days away. Experts from EU member states were split 6-6 with three abstentions on whether to allow the sale of Bt-11, a strain of genetically modified sweetcorn developed by Swiss firm Syngenta.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth