EU: EU funds new BSE tests
The European Commission has announced that it is to develop five new tests for BSE, which will be more sophisticated than those currently used. Brussels' Health and Consumer Protection Directorate General will work with the Institute for Reference Materials and Measurements (IRMM) in Geel, Belgium. The tests are supposed to distinguish between BSE and related diseases such as scrapie. Field work will continue well into next year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund