EU/PHILIPPINES: EU green light for reduced tariff for tinned tuna imports
The European Union has lowered tariffs on tuna imports from the Philippines, Thailand and Indonesia. Tariffs have been reduced to 12% from the current 24%, effective 1 July, 2003. However, this only applies to a specified amount of tuna imports, known as tariff rate quota or TRQ. The TRQ in this case is 25,000 metric tons, and will be shared by exporters in the three countries.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife