UK: EU may need budget boost to cover BSE costs
UK's minister of agriculture Nick Brown has indicated that European Union countries will have to consider adding to the EU budget in order to fund measures to halt bovine spongiform encephalopathy. Brown told the annual meeting of the UK National Farmers' Union on Wednesday that the EU budget might need to be supplemented by the individual member states' exchequers in order to get all the measures into place.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale