LUXEMBOURG: EU ministers adopt agriculture statement on environment
The ministers adopted the policy on Tuesday at the EU Agriculture Council meeting
in Luxembourg, where they agreed that the "continued integration of environmental
consideration and sustainable development into agricultural policy is vital."
The policy change will mean the European Commission will now assess agriculture policy's effects on the environment and sustainable development in connection with the mid-term review of Agenda 2000, which is due for 2002-2003.
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund