EU/USA: EU must do more to allay GM safety concerns, says US official
A US official has urged the European Union to do more to allay concerns about the safety of genetically modified crops. US Commerce Undersecretary Grant Aldonas said that the EU dispute over GM crops has blocked US corn shipments to Europe and is now disrupting US food aid to Africa. The US is keen to resolve the dispute without resorting to legal proceedings in front of the World Trade Organisation, as the US has previously threatened to do.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target