EU/USA: EU official says US will fail if it seeks WTO challenge on GM food labels
EU Trade Commissioner Pascal Lamy has warned the US that it would fail if it files a challenge at the World Trade Organisation over recent EU legislation regarding labelling of GM products. "I would advise them (US officials) against taking such a step for one simple reason," Lamy was quoted by AFX News as saying. "They have every chance of losing this case if they go after our legislation on genetically modified organism labelling.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund