EU/USA: EU official says US will fail if it seeks WTO challenge on GM food labels
EU Trade Commissioner Pascal Lamy has warned the US that it would fail if it files a challenge at the World Trade Organisation over recent EU legislation regarding labelling of GM products. "I would advise them (US officials) against taking such a step for one simple reason," Lamy was quoted by AFX News as saying. "They have every chance of losing this case if they go after our legislation on genetically modified organism labelling.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe