EU/USA: EU official says US will fail if it seeks WTO challenge on GM food labels
EU Trade Commissioner Pascal Lamy has warned the US that it would fail if it files a challenge at the World Trade Organisation over recent EU legislation regarding labelling of GM products. "I would advise them (US officials) against taking such a step for one simple reason," Lamy was quoted by AFX News as saying. "They have every chance of losing this case if they go after our legislation on genetically modified organism labelling.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations