EU: EU parliament votes in support of EFA proposals, demands 180 amendments
The European Parliament voted 491-5 to support proposals for the creation of the European Food Authority (EFA) yesterday, bringing the institution one step closer in a bid to remedy what British deputy Phillip Whitehead called "the neglect of decades" within EU food policy. The assembly demanded 180 amendments to the proposal however, which formed part of a wider overhaul of food regulation among EU member countries. Until now, food policy has been made on the advice of committees, made up of personnel from national administrations. Such committees have been discredited for their failure to handle crises such as BSE correctly.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review