EU: EU ready to take the lead in WTO farm talks - Fischler
On his official visit to Thailand, Franz Fischler, EU Commissioner for Agriculture, Rural Development and Fisheries, emphasised the importance of Thai-EU relations and how pertinent cooperation was to achieve an agreement in the Doha Development Round. "Thailand and the EU both have a real interest to make it a success. If our commitments made in the Doha Development Agenda lead to a successful conclusion, the multilateral trade system will definitely benefit. All WTO members will gain trading opportunities, and our bilateral relations will flourish within the improved WTO framework. Europe stands ready to take the lead", said Commissioner Fischler. "Opening up trade should create opportunities", stated Commissioner Fischler.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Danone sales dampened by Europe, China