EU: EU ready to take the lead in WTO farm talks - Fischler
On his official visit to Thailand, Franz Fischler, EU Commissioner for Agriculture, Rural Development and Fisheries, emphasised the importance of Thai-EU relations and how pertinent cooperation was to achieve an agreement in the Doha Development Round. "Thailand and the EU both have a real interest to make it a success. If our commitments made in the Doha Development Agenda lead to a successful conclusion, the multilateral trade system will definitely benefit. All WTO members will gain trading opportunities, and our bilateral relations will flourish within the improved WTO framework. Europe stands ready to take the lead", said Commissioner Fischler. "Opening up trade should create opportunities", stated Commissioner Fischler.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre