EU: EU ready to take the lead in WTO farm talks - Fischler
On his official visit to Thailand, Franz Fischler, EU Commissioner for Agriculture, Rural Development and Fisheries, emphasised the importance of Thai-EU relations and how pertinent cooperation was to achieve an agreement in the Doha Development Round. "Thailand and the EU both have a real interest to make it a success. If our commitments made in the Doha Development Agenda lead to a successful conclusion, the multilateral trade system will definitely benefit. All WTO members will gain trading opportunities, and our bilateral relations will flourish within the improved WTO framework. Europe stands ready to take the lead", said Commissioner Fischler. "Opening up trade should create opportunities", stated Commissioner Fischler.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega