EU: EU ready to take the lead in WTO farm talks - Fischler
On his official visit to Thailand, Franz Fischler, EU Commissioner for Agriculture, Rural Development and Fisheries, emphasised the importance of Thai-EU relations and how pertinent cooperation was to achieve an agreement in the Doha Development Round. "Thailand and the EU both have a real interest to make it a success. If our commitments made in the Doha Development Agenda lead to a successful conclusion, the multilateral trade system will definitely benefit. All WTO members will gain trading opportunities, and our bilateral relations will flourish within the improved WTO framework. Europe stands ready to take the lead", said Commissioner Fischler. "Opening up trade should create opportunities", stated Commissioner Fischler.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations