EUROPE: EU refuses to budge on bananas
The European Commission will press ahead with a new import system for bananas despite threats from the US that its actions could lead to retaliation against EU goods. "I don't see why all of a sudden this has changed. We are convinced this is a WTO (World Trade Organisation) compatible system. This means basically we are saying we are prepared to go ahead," Commission spokesman Gregor Kreuzhuber said Thursday.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin